As mentioned in our last post, we returned to Maine and enjoyed some snow. We have slowly been trying to prep for the movers coming next week. I started to feel a bit off, had some stomach issues than seemed to be developing a cold and congestion.
I was taking it easy and decided to read some science fiction (this might have been my second time though this one, but it was so bad I can’t recall for sure).
I was chatting about our fitness comp with Catherine, and said not to expect much from me, since I was pretty sure I had come down with Ebola. This was on Wednesday.
Skip to Friday morning. Lou said I was either calling the doctor or he was dropping me off at the hospital. “Geez. It’s just a cold or the flu, not much they can do at the doctor’s office.”
Occasionally being smarter than the average bear, I called the doctor’s office. First question- Have you done a Covid test? Me – no, I don’t have a fever and don’t feel all that bad. Them – take a Covid test and call us back.
Okie Dokie – 20 minutes later, on the phone with the doctor’s office: “Um, yeah, about that Covid test. It’s positive…”
After three years of being safe, it finally caught up with us. Wait, make that just me – Lou seems to be fine. I probably caught it on our return flight from Phoenix, which was six days before my first symptom. Lou did feel bad for a couple of days after we got home, but he shook it off and was better about the time I started getting sick. Curious if he had a really mild case. (Lou, of course, disputes this theory.)
The Nurse Practitioner called me and walked through all the details and recommended Paxlovid. Lou picked up the prescription and I started it yesterday. My chest congestion seemed to improve by evening and I slept better last night. I was able to do a little work today, but now taking it easy. I seem to have a very mild case, which really just feels like a bad cold. Not complaining, and am glad I got the vaccine and all the boosters.
Not the best timing to be sick, but grateful it hasn’t been worse. Teresa has been a great help in getting us ready for the packers and movers. They come on Monday, planning to take 5 days to pack up the house. Teresa and the pups, and I, are off on our cross country trek on Sunday. Lou will go to Bangor and catch an early morning flight to Phoenix.
Lou arriving in Phoenix takes the pressure off of Thelma and Louise to beat the moving van to Arizona. He will supposedly already have a car, since the Tahoe was picked up earlier this week for transport, and will hopefully be waiting for him in the garage.
That is all the news we have today. We just had a nice visit with Donna and Marci, who braved the Covid cooties to wish us safe travels.
Stay Safe! I mean it this time!